Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 17 - Ulmus americana

I knew that our library has the ELM database, but I haven't taken the time to look at it. I was impressed with how much info is available, especially that it is provided at no extra charge to any library card holder in Minnesota. I wish more patrons knew of this service.
For anyone doing scholarly research this is the cat's meow. I didn't try and set up a search alert but will remember that this is an option. The Academic Search Premier and ProQuest Newstand offer endless resources. The Net Library is OK, but many of the titles I wanted to view were not available at my library, and I wonder why this is the case.
I plan on taking more time with ELM, as I would like to be able to help patrons use it. For sure if I start library school I'll be becoming much more acquainted with this resource.
THIS is how I like to see our tax dollars being used!

No comments: