Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing 2.0

I just finally watched, and listened to (duh, headphones in lieu of speakers) the video. I had read the other material last week, so it's not as fresh in my mind at the moment. Luddite me is wary of what is to come, but suprisingly 21st century me is stepping in more often, and I feel eager to learn this stuff.

How will we at the Duluth Public Library use what we learn and apply it in meaningful ways? The Ann Arbor idea is intriguing, as is the world of virtual reference. I attented PLA recently, and one thing I've been thinking about since then is how a public library can be an exciting community gathering place, that is truly relevant in this techy world. I know that resisting change is often futile, and really, shouldn't we be on the "cutting edge" rather than gasping to keep up?

No comments: