Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 13 - Lucky!

The number 13 tends to get a bad wrap, but really it used to be considered a lucky and powerful number. I especially feel its power because this means that I am already more than 1/2 way through this program!
These productivity tools, like so much I've been learning, are like those matryoshka nesting dolls. Look inside and there is yet another layer. Or maybe it's more like an onion, which is why I cry sometimes while working on this (smiley face emoticon).
Google is quite an amazing amalgam of ideas. I liked the Page Flakes layout a bit better though than IGoogle. I don't envision using this sort of thing for myself, but it could be a productivity enhancer for someone.
I tried installing a countdown to "days until Bush is out of office" but could not get the darn thing to operate.
I also tried setting up a stick note account and was unsuccessful with this as well. The computer I was working on wouldn't allow the download.
Zamzar looks really neat, and I'll hope I remember to use it the next time I need to change an attachment or something.
I especially enjoyed the Top 25 Web 2.0 Apps article. It presented a lot of information in a readable way.
The potential to use some of these web 2.0 tools, including these productivity ones, to organize a group is interesting. I could see a library having a website page with a calendar, countdown timer, local happenings, etc.
I have my beautiful artists daybook and do fine with writing myself notes to remember stuff. I already spend lots of time at work looking at a computer screen and don't have any desire to do more of this.
P.S. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see the lovely slideshow I added. It's just a simple download from photobucket. (Ignore the shots of people - I don't know who they are and wish they weren't there.) Fun!

No comments: