Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing 14 - LibraryDream

I LOVE LIBRARYTHING. A few months back I decided I wanted to figure out a way to track the books I've read, so I started looking online and discovered LibraryThing. I was hooked immediately, and have already gotten an inordinate amount of pleasure from this website. I started an account (dpltech) and quickly filled it. Being too cheap and uncertain if I really wanted to stick with this, I didn't pay to expand my library beyond the free 200 titles. Instead I opened a second account under the name dpltech2.
I think it's a great tool to gather one's collection and share it with others. I have found it interesting to look at other people's libraries. I love the visuals and the way you can organize and sort the titles.
I like how the libraries added LibraryThing to their websites. It's easy and visually appealing. One is semi-limited as far as options on the site, but really I'm satisfied.
I do intend to take the time to backup the info, as I don't have full confidence that something won't go wrong with a web-based program.

No comments: